Community Support Services
All information has been sourced from the public domain
Click on the Area Forum for services available in that area.
Bay of Colwyn (including Colwyn Bay, Heights, Old Colwyn & Rhos On Sea), Llysfaen, Mochdre, Betws yn Rhos
|North||Llandudno (including Penrhyn Bay, Penrhynside, Craig Y Don)|
|East||Abergele, Kinmel Bay & Towyn, Llanddulas, Llanfair TH, Llannefydd, Llansannan|
|South||Betws y Coed, Bro Garmon, Bro Machno, Caerhun, Capel Curig, Cerrigydrudion, Dolgarrog, Dolwyddelan, Eglwysbach, Llanddoged and Maenan, Llanfihangel, Llangernyw, Llangwm, Llanrwst, Pentrefoelas, Trefriw, Ysbyty Ifan|
|West||Conwy (including Conwy, Deganwy and Llandudno Junction), Glan Conwy, Henryd, Llanfairfechan, Penmaenmawr|
As well as the Community Support Services being offered in Conwy, there are also the regional and national services still available;-
- Support & Helplines
- Disability Services
- Mental & Wellbeing Services
- Financial Support
- Preparing for self-isolation checklist
Supermarket Covid-19 Response to Help Vulnerable - Updated December 2020
- Priority Vulnerable online shopping slots
- Supermarkets which offer online shopping reserve priority slots for those on their designated vulnerable lists & have protocols for self-isolating customers. Many have also expanded click and collect.
- Other shopping options
- In some cases there are other options than online shopping or shopping in store
- Several supermarkets have linked with other delivery companies to deliver food to customers
- Morrisons – Amazon, deliveroo,
- E.g. ALDI – deliveroo
- Co-op – deliveroo, Zoom (Wales)
- Waitrose – deliveroo trial
- Special opening times/ priority in queues
- Most supermarkets now offer priority access to stores to bypass queues for the elderly, vulnerable and NHS workers (some still offer designated times for those customers but most have been replaced).
- Volunteer E- cards
- Nearly all supermarkets offer cards which can be sent to someone else to do shopping. More information is in this file.
- Food box delivery
- A few supermarkets offer essentials boxes delivered contactless to those needing staple supplies.
- Morrisons - large variety of essential and non-essential boxes ( now includes essential boxes for variety of dietary requirements and also hygiene essential box)
- ASDA – essential box and box with fruit and veg available
- Charity support – most supermarkets have donated money or goods to charities, and have food donation boxes in store. Other actions:
British Red Cross Covid-19 Support
Older People’s Forums
The Conwy and Denbighshire Older People’s Forums are for anyone aged 50 or over, to meet and discuss issues that affect them and their community, and advise concerned organisations and the local authorities.
- Older People's Forum Newsletter #24
- Older People's Forum Newsletter #23
- Older People's Forum Newsletter #22
Make your voice heard on issues that affect you.
Forums are for:
- Anyone aged 50 or over
- Discussing things that affect your well-being
- Sharing ideas and keeping informed
- Chatting with people in your community
- Meeting interesting guest speakers
- Getting a hold of information on a wide range of topics
- Participating in consultations and influencing decision making
Forums are independently run by the members and supported by Age Connects NWC coordinators. They are supported by the local authority as a way of getting information directly to and from over 50s regarding the planning and delivery of services.
Stroke Association - Rebuilding Lives After Stroke
Samaritans has launched a new confidential wellbeing support line for NHS and social care workers in Wales.
The wellbeing support line is for anyone who works in health or social care and might be feeling worried, stressed or overwhelmed, or just needs to talk things through after a busy shift or long day at work. It’s more important than ever that we keep looking after ourselves, so we can continue to care for others.
All calls are answered by Samaritans volunteers, who are trained to listen without judgement and offer confidential emotional support. The support line will be open every day between 7am and 11pm, offering support in English. A Welsh language line will also be available every evening between 7pm and 11pm.
The line has been designed to help anyone working in the NHS or in social care in Wales to process their experiences during a time when they’re working under increased pressure and adapting to difficult circumstances. It’s focused on creating a safe space for them to share their feelings and talk about what they’re going through.
The English language support line for NHS and social care workers and volunteers is free to call, and is available every day, between 7am-11pm on 08004840555
The Welsh language support line for NHS and social care workers and volunteers is free to call, and is available every evening, between 7pm-11pm on 08081642777
Message from Executive Director for Samaritans in Wales, Sarah Stone
I am delighted that Samaritans is able to provide an independent and confidential listening service to all NHS and social care workers in Wales during these unprecedented times. Our trained volunteers are here for any member of staff working for NHS or social care services to talk about whatever is troubling them. Now more than ever, it's important to reach out and talk. Samaritans understands that connecting with others is a fundamental human need.
We also ask the public to continue looking out for those who are looking out for you, by checking in with NHS or social care workers who may be friends, family or neighbours. A friendly chat, message or listening ear could help at the end of a working day.
Vision Support Home Visitor Service
Vision Support are now offering their Home Visiting Service for people with a Vision Impairment in Wrexham, Conway, Flintshire and Denbighshire. During the current pandemic situation our Home Visitors are able to offer support through essential visits and telephone support. The support that we can offer includes:-
- · Food and essentials
- · Prescriptions – collect and deliver
- · Someone to talk to and emotional support
- · Support with low vision equipment
- · Signposting to other services
RASASC NW new service Email support
Non-Emergency Patient Transport
Meisgeirchen Mobile Post Office
Here is the link to the timetable starting 4/1/21 which does include some local Conwy stops on a Friday –
Penmaenrhos (Swn Y Don) 09.00-10.00
Deganwy (Station & Co-op) 11.30-12.30